When it comes to drawing I use every tool I can to get my idea on paper. The five attached images represent the following:
- Three dimensional object: bunny
- Free hand drawings: The box outlines helped with scale and moving the object gave different views.
- Another free hand drawing, another view.
- Tracing paper with lead pencil transfer: There was a step before this one–I xeroxed the 2. and 3. drawings and reduced some of them in size thinking foreground, middle ground and background variations. I traced from the xerox images and arranged a composition. On the backside of the tracing paper, I used the side of a lead pencil. Then I transferred the image on to watercolor paper.
- Watercolor of bunny composition: used Arches 140 lb. paper and Winsor Newton watercolor travel sets.
Advice: be patient! Drawing takes focus and close observation of the object.
Note: I did not share my first set of drawings which were distorted and out-of-proportion.