Several weeks ago I received nomination for some blog awards. I would like to thank tbnranch, http://tbnranch.wordpress.com , for sending me these awards. I am honored! I also want to thank tbnranch for your stories about Beamer. They make me laugh.
In order to officially show these awards on my site, there are several steps to acceptance: sharing seven random facts about myself, giving recognition to the sender, passing the awards along.
Seven random facts about me
1) Life – Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite meal of the year to cook.
2) Art – The elements of art (line, color, shape, light, shadow, composition, texture) are part of how my mind thinks, becoming a visual, emotional language.
3) Adventure – My first day in England involved a murder, newspaper reporters, and flamenco dancing in the Soho District of London.
4) Writing – lots of unfinished projects, but I do have something to say, so I continue to drag words out-of-myself and it’s getting easier!!
5) Time – I am feeling the pressure of TIME: out-of-time, windows of time, timeless, down time.
6) Inspiration – Some of the things that have helped in the past include: illustrations and art of William Blake; movie soundtracks (instrumental) Chocolat, Frida, Nowhere in Africa; music CDs (usually instrumental) Vespertine by Bjork, Enya, Peter Gabriel, Ravi Shankar and others; foreign films.
7) I have a fear of heights, particularly driving on hills, the angle of descent.
Passing the Award to Five More Bloggers, check these out:
http://thetoymaker.com Enter the world of paper toys to amuse and delight.
http://janettakahashi.com She takes sketchbook journaling to an art-filled level with illustrations and beautiful calligraphy.
http://thepaintedpage.wordpress.com Four very talented children’s book illustrators with unique styles that inspire.
http://undercoversurfer.wordpress.com She likes the pre-dawn hours and writes wonderful nostalgic posts that take me back in time.
http://cbwentworth.wordpress.com I escape to this writer’s blog whenever I get a chance and always find encouragement, informative posts, and vicarious pleasure in the retelling of her adventures.
In order to pick up the awards, you must do the following:
- Thank and link to the person who nominates you.
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award to five more blogger friends.
- Contact and congratulate the blogs nominated.
Thanks again to tbnranch for thinking of me and sending a message of encouragement my way.